Sunday 20 October 2013

Proposal

For this project I have chosen to create an awareness animation for the charity World Wildlife Foundation. I have decided that I will be focusing on rhino poaching as my theme, as at the moment rhinos are rapidly decreasing due to poaching of their horns and facing near extinction if nothing is done about it.

I want to create an animation that will make the audience realise what suffering rhinos go through, and to see things from their perspective and point of view. For an affective awareness animation, I believe that there needs to be some shock value that makes the audience realise the horror of poaching. However, it should be some what informative so people know what they can do to stop this and which ways they can help, for example, by donating to the World Wildlife Foundation charity.

Firstly I will research the ways that the WWF charity help the rhinos and what the public can do in order to help. I will then research in to the world of poaching, the methods in which poachers use to get a rhinos horn. Also looking into what a rhino’s horn is used for after it is taken from the rhino.

For the style of the animation I wanted to try use digital matte painting technique for the backgrounds. So having a 2D look for the overall film but it will be set up in 3D space to create depth. For the rhino character I am going to download an already made 3D model, as I am not confident in modelling my own character. Moreover, I would like to focus and spend more time on the backgrounds, narrative and animation of the character. I do not want to download a realistic model for the rhino, so I may have to modify a downloaded rig if necessary to fit the style of my animation.

I particularly wanted to pay attention to the colour palette of this animation, as I feel the colours will emphasise the mood of the character and the atmosphere. For the environments I will be basing it on the African Savannah Grasslands. So I will have to create many colour studies in order to replicate the intricate colour palette seen with in these environments. I also wanted to emphasise the different times of day, so will create some sky studies.


Given that I manage my time effectively and plan all my scenes and animations correctly I feel like I will have enough time to create this animation. By creating an animation from the rhino’s point of view I will have to consider the movement of the camera, this may take the most time, as it requires a lot of planning and research in order to create a believable rhino movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment